Feeling Helpless? Here Are Some Things You Can Do
When a flood occurs inside a home, most homeowners want to jump right in and start the cleanup themselves, and others have no idea what to do. If you are feeling helpless and want to start the cleanup before SERVPRO arrives here are some things to consider.
Safety is your top priority. Ask yourself these questions.
- Is the structure of the building compromised?
- Is there any electrical that has become a hazard?
- Are you confident in your abilities to do your own cleanup safely?
- Are there any contaminants in the water?
- Eliminate remaining water.
- Prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Wipe down furniture.
- Use electricity such as TV.
- Stay in rooms where the structure is compromised.
- Use a vacuum to remove water.
If you are feeling the need to do some work we hope you consider the things listed above. We also hope you choose SERVPRO to complete the process for you!
SERVPRO of Eaton County, Clinton & Gratiot Counties and Lansing & Holt's number is...